I have found a new love. Banana bread. I’m addicted! Due to the ripe bananas the „bread“ gets super moist and sweet – without using sugar!
Some days ago I’ve tried the recipe for the very first time, though somehow I couldn’t imagine it to taste good. Especially its name „Banana Bread“ made me hesitate giving it a try.
However, I can now confirm that it actually doesn’t have much in common with regular bread – but rather with a super delicious, healthy cake! ?
Actually, I am more than impressed!
For this brilliant piece you need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 ml oil ( I used rapeseed oil)
- 1 packaging of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 150 grams whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius
- Display your baking pan with baking paper
- Slice the bananas, put them in a mixing bowl and puree them with a blender
- Mix together bananas, salt, vanilla powder, chia seeds and the remaining spices
- Add the oil
- Combine flour and baking powder – afterwards fold everything together until mixed evenly
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes
- Once cool, remove your artwork from the pan
- Finally the last and best step: Enjoy! ?
If you’re not completely sure if the banana bread is baked thoroughly, just insert a toothpick. Once you take it out, it should be clean! 🙂
If you’re more on the experimental side, you can diversify this recipe to your heart’s content! Chopped walnuts, pistachios as well as blueberries or raspberries are a wonderful addition! Furthermore if you’re looking for the perfect superfood kick just add some goji berries! ?